The regional development of YP network must be done in four different levels for:
- Newcomers YP and the countries which don’t have WPC YPC officially (such as Nigeria).
- YP Committees which have normal activity and are not well organized and need to be advanced.
- YP Committees which are very active and their best practices can be a guideline for the other YPCs.YPCs in senior countries which are not active as well as their NCs.
Visions of Regional Local Content Development:
Missions & Achievement Plans
- Creating the Infrastructures for the youth committee including: Finance, Integrated Data Base, Website, Social Media, Catalogues and Brochures.
- Encouraging YPs and Student to join the WPC YP.
- Adding members to the committee though website and social media
In order to have a dynamic committee, there should be a performance management system and portfolio management system for each team, the tasks are recognized by General Planning team and assigned to them by Executive Committee. The details of performance management system and portfolio management system are as follows:
- Performance management system:
- Define basic functions of each team in WPC YP
- Define result – oriented Key Performance Indicator (KPI) according to basic functions
- Define the target of each team base on team maturity
- Consideration of KPIs’ trend in period of each index
- Design improvement plan for decreasing trend & finding the best practice for increasing trend
- Portfolio management: (training process) (customizing based on local abilities)
- Design portfolio of WPC YP teams
- Deploy portfolio management process
- Control portfolio management process
- Collect lesson learned & improve portfolio management process
It is true that young professionals have a great potential to do several activities, but industrial companies with adequate reputation, stability and good financial condition can pave the way for our activities. There are some situations that young generation despite of their willingness to take new steps, cannot proceed properly or they will stop in a certain stage without applying their ideas completely. With the abovementioned engagement of the large Industrial companies, and by making them sure that they will benefit from such support, both parties can achieve best results. So in order to improve YP activities and engage industry more in our activities, there are two possible ways:
- YP Platform
- Design YP platform as a portal
- Hire Youth Professionals (based on YP statute)
- Do projects
- Compensating activities by credit, hire, provide offers for them from industry (or by implementing a motivation system; job opportunity)
- Project and R&D
- Signing MOUs with NOCs, IOCs, Universities, Institutes, etc. based on both parties’ ability
- Deploy project management office (PMBOK)
- Get projects
- Execute project by means of YP platform & manage by project and R&D team